What is Brow Lift?
A brow lift, also known as a forehead lift:
- Reduces the wrinkle lines that develop horizontally across the forehead, as well as those that occur on the bridge of the nose, between the eyes
- Improves frown lines, the vertical creases that develop between the eyebrows
- Raises sagging brows that are hooding the upper eyelids
- Places the eyebrows in an alert and youthful position
Other cosmetic procedures that may be performed with a brow lift include:
- Upper and or lower eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty)
- Skin resurfacing techniques
Brow Lift cost
Brow lift surgery costs can vary widely. The average cost of a brow lift is AU$3,000
Most health insurance does not cover brow lift surgery or its complications, but many plastic surgeons offer patient financing plans, so be sure to ask.
Brow Lift costs may include:
- Anesthesia fees
- Hospital or surgical facility costs
- Medical tests
- Post-surgery garments
- Prescriptions for medication
- Surgeon's fee
Brow Lift Candidates
In general, you may be a good Brow Lift candidate if:
- Are physically healthy
- Have a positive mind and realistic goals
As we age, unsightly wrinkle lines may appear on the forehead. Frown lines between the brows can make us look angry or "too serious." Skin relaxation may cause the eyebrows to drop, hooding our upper eyelids and making us look tired. If you are bothered by these signs of aging in the brow region, a brow lift may be right for you.
Brow Lift Recovery
During your brow lift recovery, your forehead may be taped and/or your head may be loosely wrapped to minimize swelling and bruising after the procedure is completed.
A thin tube may be present to drain any excess blood or fluid that may collect under the skin.
You will be given specific instructions that may include:
- How to care for the surgical site and drains
- Medications to apply or take orally
- Specific concerns to look for at the surgical site or in your general health
- When to follow up with your plastic surgeon.
You should keep your head elevated and perform no vigorous physical activity for as long as your surgeon recommends. Do not use ice or heat on the operated area.
Be sure to ask your Brow Lift surgeon specific questions about what you can expect during your individual recovery period:
- What medication will I need after surgery?
- Will I have dressings/bandages?
- When will they be removed?
- Are stitches removed? When?
- When can I resume normal activity and exercise?
- When do I return for follow-up care?
Brow lift surgery recovery time
Initial wound healing may take 10 to 14 days. Sutures or clips will be removed when it is appropriate. You should be ready to return to work and normal activity after 10-14 days.
Cosmetics can help camouflage any bruising.
Even though you will look presentable to the public, you will find that the healing will continue for several weeks, as the swelling dissipates and incision lines refine and fade. It may take several months for your complete recovery.
Following your physician's instructions is essential to the success of your surgery.
It's important that the surgical incisions are not subjected to excessive force, swelling, abrasion or motion during the time of healing. Your doctor will give you specific instructions on how to care for yourself.
Brow Lift Result
The results of your brow lift surgery are immediately visible. Over time, post-surgical swelling will resolve and incision lines will fade.
Satisfaction with your new image should continue to grow as you recover from surgery. The final results of your surgery will appear over the next few months.
Although good results are expected from your procedure, there can be no guarantee. Life-long sun protection will help to maintain your rejuvenated appearance by minimizing sun damage. A healthy lifestyle will also help extend the results of your surgery.